Re: Package ms-windows promoted from non-free to main!

On 01/04/11 17:27, Klistvud wrote:
> Howdie, fellow Debianites!
>
> I'm cross-posting this from debian-project because IMHO it's important
> news.
>
> As of yesterday, the package ms-windows (a virtual package comprising
> ms-windows-xp, ms-windows-vista and ms-windows-7) has finally left
> non-free and entered main! This has been achieved by weeding out all the
> binary blobs, drivers and other proprietary data -- a big and
> time-consuming effort. The non-DFSG-compliant binaries are now
> consolidated into ms-windows-proprietary, and available from the
> non-free repository.
>
> Kudos to Debian developers!

With the greatest respect.... you are mistaken.
ms-windows-xp still has another three years before testing has finished,
ms-windows-vista is the codename for ms-windows-me, and ms-windows-7 has
an "anticipated" freeze date of December, after which it will enter beta
testing.

In other news, release of the next generation ms product codenamed
midori is scheduled for next year. For those that don't know, midori is
a complete rework of ms-windoof, written completely in C#, and is 100%
posix comformant.

Cheers

--
Tuttle? His name's Buttle.