Re: new hard drive usb "WD My Passport essential SE" 1Tb

On 03/03/2011 03:27 PM, Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen wrote:
> I have a new usb hard drive of the specs in the subject line. On
> plugging it in it shows on the desktop,
> but on clicking it nothing happens. Anybody have experience getting
> this to work on debian
> (squeeze)?
>
> Kjetil

	I have a 500GB WD My Passport drive and it works fine. I can't recall
the links now, though all I did was use Google, but I'd found reports
that there were problems using the 1TB model because of drivers
necessary to see the full drive that only came in WinBlow$ format.