Re: Debian 6 uninstallable?

On 02/03/11 16:41, Bret Busby wrote:
> Hello.
>
> To try to install Debian 6, I downloaded, as advised on the Debian web
> site, the Debian 6 netinst iso file, wrote it to a CD, and tried to
> install Debian 6, using it.
>
> However, the computer on which I tried to install it, did not boot from
> the CD.
>
> I have previously installed Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, from a CD, on that
> computer, without any problem.
>
> Is the Debian 6 netinst iso, not installabe, or, not bootable?
>
> --
> Bret Busby
> Armadale
> West Australia
>
> "So once you do know what the question actually is,
>  you'll know what the answer means."
> - Deep Thought,
>   Chapter 28 of Book 1 of
>   "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
>   A Trilogy In Four Parts",
>   written by Douglas Adams,
>   published by Pan Books, 1992

What was the datestring on in mate?
Which server did you pull it from?
Did you pull it down as an image? http, bittorrent, or jigdo?

Note: the au mirrors are currently updating, previously Sun Feb 6
02:34:05 2011 was the latest image
(http://ftp.iinet.net.au/debian/debian-cd/ which is the Oz cd mirror)
which I've installed without problem (expert acpi=force desktop=kde).

Cheers