lost ability to remote run sudo apps

I recently changed from Lenny to Sid. And from gnome to enlightenment.

I kept all of my config files, and not installing any new ones.

In the process, I lost ability to remotely ssh into the machine and get
"sudo <apps>" to run, instead I am getting this error;

sudo synaptic

(synaptic:19563): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: localhost:10.0

I've searched the web, but the "solutions" in the first 2 pages, have
had no affect.

/etc/ssh/sshd_config
/etc/ssh/ssh_config
~/.xinitrc