Re: Debian SID - Source Package: etoile (0+20080616+dfsg-2)

On 2011-02-01 22:26 +0100, Csanyi Pal wrote:

> There is a  Source Package: etoile (0+20080616+dfsg-2) in the repository
> regarding the web page here:
> http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/etoile
>
> How can I install this source package using aptitude?

You can't.  Only binary packages can be installed, not source packages.

> I have sources.list with lines:
> deb http://ftp.ie.debian.org/debian sid main
> deb-src http://ftp.ie.debian.org/debian sid main

In this case, "apt-get source etoile" will download and unpack the
source package into the current directory.  You don't need root rights
for that operation.

> and after I run 'sudo aptitude update' I still can't find etoile with
> 'aptitude search etoile'. Why?

Because aptitude only deals with binary packages, and the etoile source
package builds a binary package named "dictionaryreader.app".

Sven