Re: Sound recording in Debian Lenny

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 09:25:37AM +0000, Lisi wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 January 2011 01:50:31 Joel Roth wrote:
> > Depending on your needs, and if the GUI waveform display isn't so important
> > you may like to experiment with Nama. (Nama does have a simple
> > Tk UI for controlling transport, effects, etc. with more advanced
> > features available at the command prompt.)
> >
> > Nama is Debian packaged. That version behaves reasonably well.
> > You can also easily update to the latest/greatest version
> > from github.
> >
> > http://freeshell.de/~bolangi/cgi1/nama.cgi/00home.html
>
> Thanks very much, Joel.  I'll take a look.  But you illustrate my main problem
> very well.  In this context, what are transport and special effects??  Well,
> I could possibly guess what special effects are, but "transport"???

Sorry for the jargon. I guess that's from magnetic
tape world where "transport" means to physically
move the magnetic tape medium past a recording/playback
head.

So that encompasses record/play/stop/rewind. Btw the latter term
(which you yourself use below) belongs to the tape reel
metaphor.

cheers,

Joel