Re: Sound recording in Debian Lenny

On Thursday 20 January 2011 08:51:57 Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Ma, 18 ian 11, 09:25:37, Lisi wrote:
> > Thanks very much, Joel.  I'll take a look.  But you illustrate my main
> > problem very well.  In this context, what are transport and special
> > effects??  Well, I could possibly guess what special effects are, but
> > "transport"???
> >
> > I simply don't know enough about recording to be able to use and/or
> > understand anything beyond start, stop, fast forward, rewind, record and
> > save. And it would be nice to be able to see whether or not anything is
> > being recorded!
>
> Sorry for jumping in without reading the rest of the thread, but it
> seems like you're looking for GNOME Sound Recorder in package
> gnome-media.

Thanks, Andrei - and yes, you are right.  Before ever I asked for help I had
been looking fruitlessly for GNOME Sound Recorder, which I have managed to
use before.  But I didn't find it.  The information taht it now hides in
gnome-media was what I needed - but I am still grateful for other
suggestions, in case GNOME Sound Recorder has changed beyond recognition!

All I need now is some time!

Lisi