Re: Why is Evolution and Epiphany now a part of gnome-core?

Hal Vaughan wrote:

> I retired at 45, thanks to my business, which was based on my own custom
> software.  The first program I released to run on my clients' computers
> was in Java, within 6 months after I learned Java and OOP.  In the next 18
> months that version was in use, I had fewer than 5 bug reports (because I
> tested the hell out of it before releasing it).  But I had to respond to
> each bug report and usually had the fix out within 12 hours.  I would have
> lost a lot of money if I had been as dismissive of bug reports as some
> developers are.

well in FOSS no one looses anything, so ... probably that's why you feel
neglected. I'm afraid no one can complain about open source not working.
You can fix it and use it or just don't!
This is something I don't like either, but I don't think anything can be
done. Everything has a +/- side. ... and for it is free I think the quality
is great.

regards