Re: Why is Evolution and Epiphany now a part of gnome-core?

On Mon January 17 2011 09:26:17 Hal Vaughan wrote:
> This is an example of why I've been moving away from FOSS.  Someone makes a
> good point in a bug report and the programmer/developer/maintainer throws
> it back in his face, which allows the bug to be closed out quickly.

Ill-considered decisions seem to have become increasingly prevalent
among a small subset of Debian Developers.  For example, a critical
but easily fixed bug was recently closed without fix or comment,
apparently based on personalities rather than technicalities[1].

Fortunately the ill-considered decisions of this minority are public,
which makes them available for consideration by their potential
future employers.  Hopefully this mechanism will correct the problem.

--Mike Bird

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=7;bug=610185