Re: stardict dictionary packages.

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 15:11:57 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:
>
>> > Good day.
>>
>> It's late afternoon here :-P
>
> Point taken. Now I'll be greeting w/ "Good time of the day." :)

That sentence is infallible (timezone-proof) :-)

>> Aren't "dict-freedict-*-*" packages working with Stardict? (just asking
>> because I have not tested) :-?
>
> I have installed one - dict-freedict-fra-eng. In qstardict I saw it not.
> Seems it puts its files in other dir that the one the interface expects
> - but I believe it is intended. In other words, It does not work.

Let's see what the stardict doc says... ah, okay, it points to this
address to download some dictionaries:

http://stardict.sourceforge.net/Dictionaries.php

As per the "readme.debian" file it seems those files cannot be packaged
due to licensing issues :-?

(side note: the "forum" page from where to download dictionaries seems
not operative at this momment... I only found this link)

http://stardict.sourceforge.net/Dictionaries_dictd-www.freedict.de.php

I would also take a look into Wikipedia (section "Dictionaries
available") to find other possible dictionary sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarDict

Ah, now I get it. Freedict files (like the one you downloaded) need to be
converted to Stardict format before using.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón