Re: Re (3): Reading files from a diskette from an old MacOS.

On Sun, 9 Jan 2011, peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:

From:	Peter Koellner <peter@asgalon.net>
Date:	Sat, 08 Jan 2011 20:28:04 +0100 (CET)
Well, 5 1/4" disks were out of fashion around 1988, if I remember
correctly, and I think the disk in question was from the 90s, so
I guessed it probably was a 3 1/2" disk...

Certainly.  Was any new Macintosh equiped with an internal 5 1/4"
drive?  I have a vague recollection of external 5 1/4" drives.

Well, the last 5 1/4" drive I had was the external one for the Apple
][. All my later machines from 1986 on - Atari ST, Acorn Archimedes, PowerMac - only had 3 1/2" floppies. I think the first few generations of IBM
compatibles had 5 1/4" also, but the original Macintosh had an
internal 3 1/2" floppy. So if it is from a Mac, it is a 3 1/2" one.

--
peter koellner <peter@asgalon.net>