Re: Re(2): Reading files from a diskette from an old MacOS.

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, John Hasler wrote:

Peter Koellner writes:
Also: You can set the physical write protect switch in the diskette
corner to prevent accidental writes. You know, the hole in the corner
should not be covered, in case you don't recall...

No, no.  You put a piece of tape over the notch to write-protect the
side.

Oh.  You mean those wierd little Apple disks.  Never mind.

Well, 5 1/4" disks were out of fashion around 1988, if I remember
correctly, and I think the disk in question was from the 90s, so
I guessed it probably was a 3 1/2" disk...

--
peter koellner <peter@asgalon.net>