Re: o/t ipod

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 04:27:16PM +0100, Klistvud wrote:
> Dne, 27. 12. 2010 18:43:06 je Camaleón napisal(a):
>
> ><rant_and_malicious mode on>
> >I still fail to see what people find exciting in Apple devices.
> >Yes, they
> >look nice but they're also even more closed than any MS product >:-)
> ></rant_and_malicious mode off>
>
> It must be their price. In our profit-centered culture, anything
> overly expensive seems to instantly achieve a magical aura and a
> high perceived value, be it a rolex, a ferrari, or a
> high-maintenance lady.

Yes, but I must give the devil his due.  While I have no intention of
using the gadget as an mp3 player - my Sundisk Sansa plays both mp3 and
ogg - what the designers have crammed into this little package is truly
impressive.  Wi-Fi, send and receive email, camera with zoom and the
pictures can be emailed to my computer (my cell phone charges for that),
motion and position sensors (the Star Walk app shifts the view of the
night sky as you point the device at different stars), etc.

If it had been my money I would have bought an Android device but I
can't look this gift horse in the mouth.

Tom George