Sun Java upgrade to 1.6.0_23 ?

I'm working with Jmol (www.jmol.org) under Debian Sid for a course I'm
teaching in a few weeks, but am running into a standing issue with the
current build of Sun Java found in Sid (RMB menus don't work
properly).

1.6.0_23 is available on Sun's site, but I don't believe the upgrade is
simple from what I've read.  Is there a way to do this directly w/o
waiting for the next packaging round?

I'm drawn to that build, as it apparently works with Jmol as reported by
someone else in the Jmol group.

TIA,

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,