Re: help getting grub to see Windows 7 on second drive

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 15:45:38 +0000, Lisi wrote:

> On Wednesday 08 December 2010 19:04:36 Camaleón wrote:

>> > Lenny uses grub 1.  I think that it is called grub-legacy in Squeeze,
>> > but am not sure.
>>
>> Hum... are you sure? :-?
>>
>> IIRC, last time I installed lenny the default option was set to Grub2,
>> I had to manually change it to get "Grub legacy" instead. It was a 64
>> bits and an "expert" install.
>
> According to aptitude show, the default in Lenny is GRUB version
> 0.97-47lenny2, simply called GRUB.  If you want GRUB 2 you have to ask
> for grub-pc.  :

(...)

How can "aptitute show" tell you what is the default grub to be installed
in lenny? :-P

I also have Grub legacy installed in Lenny (and also in Squeeze) but IIRC
(I'm speaking from memory, it was a year ago when I installed Lenny), it
was _my_ decision. I dunno for the auto-installer because I chose the
"expert" install and I remember that the bootloader screen asked two main
questions, a) what grub to install ("grub 1" or "grub 2") and b) where to
put the bootloader (mbr, first sector of partition).

I can be wrong because time passes very quickly and my memory abilities
decreases at the same speed O:-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón