Re: sleeping the system vs hibernate or suspend

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 12:08:27 -0600
Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

> Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> > Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> >> But do either of the commands work?
> >>

> > I'll be darned... 'acpitool -s' *works from a VT* (not from X).
> > Except I get this from alsa when KUSC is playing with mplayer:

works from X for me.  I was *shocked* when I tried it the first time
and it worked.

As you noted, it's very fast, which is why I don't think that there is
any swapping or state-saving going on.  I think it just puts things
into a low power state.  My guess is that the RAM is running normally,
the CPU is halted, etc...

Brian