Re: Sound recording in Debian Lenny

> The Lexicon Alpha and Omega use USB 1.0 and thus work with Linux Etch,
> Lenny, and Squeeze; a two- or three-line configuration file may be
> needed to make the Lexicon the default sound device.  With Ubuntu
> 10.10, both are fully plug-and-play.

This is exciting to hear that such interfaces have "out of the box"
compatibility.  What about other units like the MBox2 and various
M-Audio interfaces - do they have the same level of Linux compatibility
as the Lexicon units?

Last I heard, which was about 1-1.5 years ago, the DigiDesign MBox2 was
a no-go and M-Audio external interfaces were hit or miss.

Thanks.
--
Petrus Validus
Petrus.Validus@gmail.com