Re: Can Debian Backup ntfs File System?

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 14:37:25 +0000, Lisi wrote:

> On Wednesday 05 January 2011 14:26:32 Camaleón wrote:
>> So, no... people who pretend to give "value" to his data and has not
>> performed a single backup copy of his files in years, I just simply
>> say, "heck, no, those files weren't that important".
>
> You aren't making enough allowance for the fact that the majority of
> users think that computers are magic devices that never fail.

What would you think if a person tells you that he thought his car was
going to be fed "automatically"? Hey, he didn't know there were oil
stations that provide such facilities and he also thought that being year
2011 the cars do not need fuel (nor any other power source) to be started
>>:-)

Computers aren't magic devices (nor cars) and users have to be very aware
of this. So, no... I make no concessions here :-)

And giving credit to that "magicallities" is a big error which usually
has bad consequences for the user (like the example you provided).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón