Re: repos for squeeze as a base install.

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 05:08:16PM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Good day.
>
> Having made
>
> aptitude -t testing full-upgrade
>
> and therefore having squeeze installed and not lenny any more, what
> should my sources.list be pointing to?
>
> - before it was pointing to stable and testing. Now, as I understand,
>   stable repos as long as it points to lenny, I need not (is it
>   correct?), and I need no more a testing for testing - meaning testing
>   for squeeze (the next coming release after squeeze).
>
> So, the only repo I need now is testing, and, may backports for squeeze - is it correct?

Use "squeeze" and you will stay on stable (squeeze) after the upcoming
release.  Updates after that will change little on your system (security
updates only).

Use "testing" and you will move (seamlessly) to wheezy (testing) after
the release.  Updates will after that will bring newer versions into
your system regularly.

HTH,
David