Re: Can Debian Backup ntfs File System?

On Tuesday 04 January 2011 16:56:58 Camaleón wrote:
> > One day she messed up her registry to the point where reinstallation was
> > essential.  She assured me when asked that her precious 'photos were all
> > fine and she had off-computer copies of all of them.  When, after the
> > event, it became obvious that a small percentage of the photos was
> > missing, she asked me to install Picasa "because that is where those
> > 'photos are".
>
> Re-ouch! The missing photos were stored online? At least she had a happy
> ending... this time.

No, she didn't.  She thought that because she had used the program Picasa,
then Picasa would magically produce her 'photos.  She did not have them
online.  There was only the one copy on her computer.  She just usually
viewed them with Picasa.

I did paid support.  I had to support no matter how daft the client insisted
on being.  And no, she didn't learn.  She just sacked me!!  I had explained
in words of one syllable till I was blue in the face, and her niece bought
her a pen drive and backed all the then current pictures up.  She also
explained in words of one syllable.  That is why my client thought that she
had copies of everything.  "My niece did it for me."  She hadn't understood
that a backup cannot magically add other things to itself without even being
plugged into the computer.

Lisi