Re: xfig font problem

On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 19:44:23 +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 09:04:47PM +0200, Volkan YAZICI wrote:
>> On Mon, 3 Jan 2011, Camaleón writes:
>> > And those files seem to be installed by the "xfonts-base" package...
>>
>> Right. I again did the first thing that I need to do as the last one.
>> Anyway, thanks. (BTW, shouldn't xfig depend on xfonts-base?)
>
> Not necessarily.  Remember that xfig is an X client, and these X fonts
> are installed on the X server (which might not be the same machine,
> making a package dependency potentially pointless).

I don't know the package so I can be wrong but if the program cannot be
started just because it complains for a missing font, IMO something wrong
happens here: either a) the application should not require a concrete
font for the app can be run or b) if required, the package that contains
the font should be also pulled.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón