Re: Spontaneously aborting X startup during Linux boot process

Dne, 01. 01. 2011 12:36:14 je Lisi napisal(a):
On Sunday 19 December 2010 23:18:19 Bob Proulx wrote:
> I wouldn't transition to
> single user mode from multiuser mode directly myself.

I have never had any problems with init 1, wherever I used it from, other than that KDE doesn't shut down very cleanly in the sense that it does not save
everything I am working on.    Ditto init 0 and init 6.

Lisi

I've seen init 1 recommended as "the" procedure to use when doing maintenance tasks that can't be done with X running. On my two Gnome systems it "shuts down" the desktop environment quite cleanly, as far as I can tell.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.