Re: A question for the list:

On 05 Nov 2010, ZephyrQ wrote:

> I hate to ask the question this way, but in terms of
> problems/fixes/downtime--approximately how often do you find that you
> have to 'fix' something in Sid?  1x week, 1x month?  (I know that my
> MMV, but if I start playing with either testing or unstable, I don't
> want to get into a problem/find fix/fix lather/rinse/repeat cycle too
> often).

I think the last time anything really bad happened was over a year ago,
when there were a lot of things going on with X. Other than that, I run
apt-listbugs, as others have suggested, and I try to remember to check
that packages I need are not going to be removed, as sometimes happens,
resulting in a few days' annoyance until a missing dependency is fixed.

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk