Re: lenny & thunderbird filters-SOLVED!

On 11/05/2010 11:43 AM, Camaleón wrote:
> You can set "auto-compact" your folders by defining so under Preferences/
> advanced/network and disk space.
thank you!!
> "Compacting" is another of the annoyances of Thunderbird but is a "must-
> do" task (if you avoid doing so your mailbox files will grow, and grow
> and grow... because deleted e-mails are not really deteleted until you -
> maually or automatically- hit the "compact" button).
>
> And that remembers me the third of the Thunderbird's annoyances: storage
> files for each folder cannot go beyong 4 GiB).
oh, ow, I did not know that. so, is archiving the answer? I've been
afraid to archive, because I didn't know where the old messages go:)
NOTE, now I do know where they go:
http://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/Archived+messages

the 4GiB limit also goes for archived though, so.. what do you do?

> More interesting reading:
>
> Compacting folders
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_:_Tips_:_Compacting_Folders
>
> Limits - Thunderbird