Re: lenny & thunderbird filters

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 20:55:30 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> On 11/04/2010 07:37 PM, Camaleón wrote:

>> Why do you think the problem of the shortcut ("N") for going to the
>> next unread messsage has any connection with the filters? :-?
> hm.. not sure, I just ASSuMEd..

X-)

Anyway, when you suspect on filters, just enable the filters log to get a
clue of where is e-mail being dropped.

> ok, so I have messages in folders, when I get to the last unread
> message, the folder STILL shows (1) and moves on to another unread
> message in the next folder.

Mmm... so you have a folder with no unread messages but still stating
there is (1) unread messages (marked in bold) in the folder's pane. Right?

Could it be that you are applying some kind of rules for displaying only
messages that matches a common pattern (like showing just today's ones,
coming from a concrete sender or so)?

Also, you can try (just in case) to "rebuild index" and/or "compacting"
the offending folder. Thunderbird (Icedove) sometimes can go nuts with
its internal bd and hides e-mails or does weird things :-)

(make a full backup of you Thunderbird profile before performing a
rebuild of index)

>> Does it happen while using a threaded view/plain view for messages or
>> both? What type of folders view (smart-unified/all folders...) are you
>> using?
>>
> ack, no idea what you mean. I use the tipical 3-panel view, folders to
> the left, message headers up top, and body of email below. I use
> threaded view, but I'm not sure I changed it in ALL the folders, only
> the ones I noticed had threads, and it wasn't threading. all folders, no
> "special effects"..

Thunderbird allows to select what folders you want to see in the folder's
pane (most used, all folders, smart folders...). In addition, it allows
you to select what kind of message view you want for each folder (show
unread e-mails, received today e-mails, tagged e-mails...). Just be sure
you are not applying any of these options and all folders/e-mails are
being displayed.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón