Re: A question for the list:

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 21:50:07 -0500, ZephyrQ wrote:

> If you could not/did not use Debian (either Lenny, Squeeze, or Sid),
> which other distribution would you use and why?

I've using openSUSE for many years... rock solid, mature, a very good -
and skilled- community of users, and perfect for workstation or laptop
use.

The only "but" is they have recently dropped the common support from 24
to 18 months (meaning: after one year and a half you have to upgrade the
whole system to keep getting security patches) and that's a very short
period for using it in a server room.

So for a server usage if I couldn't use Debian I'd propably look into
CentOS or FreeBSD.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón