Searching inside e-mail clients (was: KMail - forwarding issues)

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 16:35:31 -0400, Celejar wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 15:48:30 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón wrote:

>> with mbox and searching strings in Icedove is bit slow if mbox files
>> are big (measured in GiB :-P).
>
> If you're still doing on-demand searching, have you considered using a
> mail indexer, such as Sylph-Searcher, or a generic file indexer, such as
> recoll?

Yep, I'm using Tracker. But Tracker for Lenny still lacks Icedove
integration so I have to use Icedove embedded search, which is fine but
so basic. And I need to keep Icedove because of its hmtl support. Another
option is Evolution but always found it too much resource consuming and
bloated.

> Obviously, dedicated mail indexers have the advantage of understanding
> the structure of emails, so you can search for mail with specific field
> contents.

I would like to see Icedove supporting both, mbox and maildir :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón