Re: An experiment about file timestamp

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

> (...)
>
> Mmm, nope :-)
>
> I think you didn't get the whole picture.
>
> Look, it is very well explained in this Gentoo FAQ:
>
> ***
> Consistent times on FAT filesystems over the whole year
> https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-579915-start-0.html
> ***

But the above `experiment' has nothing to do with vfat partitions: both systems
are linux ext3.  What I don't understand is how can a user from the 2nd system
know that the file has been created at 14:43 UTC and not at 14:43 of its local
time, since all files of his filesystem are displayed in the local time.

Rodolfo