Re: what is the use of -c parameter of column(1), can you demonstrate with an example?

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 8:05 AM, Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@realss.com> wrote:
>  On 11/03/2010 01:44 PM, Phil Requirements wrote:
>>
>> I find that the column utility belongs to bsdmainutils package, so
>> it's a BSD application, not a GNU one. I think it would make sense to
>> file a bug, since you want to offer an improvement.
>
> Thanks for point that bsdmainutils out. I had been using FreeBSD for a
> few years before using Linux. I wonder which is the true upstream of
> bsdmainutils? I might file the bug in FreeBSD project, if it is the
> upstream of this Linux package, and hope the changes slip in Linux in a
> few years.
Maybe there are some changes which takes few years to be done, but be
sure there are many other changes which are done daily by volunteers

If no body is informed though bug submit or something like that,
nobody will fix this issue never (only if maintainer read again the
wrong man page)

Regards,