Re: what is the use of -c parameter of column(1), can you demonstrate with an example?

 On 11/03/2010 01:44 PM, Phil Requirements wrote:

> I find that the column utility belongs to bsdmainutils package, so
> it's a BSD application, not a GNU one. I think it would make sense to
> file a bug, since you want to offer an improvement.

Thanks for point that bsdmainutils out. I had been using FreeBSD for a
few years before using Linux. I wonder which is the true upstream of
bsdmainutils? I might file the bug in FreeBSD project, if it is the
upstream of this Linux package, and hope the changes slip in Linux in a
few years.