Re: help with rtorrent

Rob Owens wrote:
> When I go to "Info" on this torrent, rtorrent says "Connection type:
> leech".  What do I need to do to be a good bittorrent citizen?

A confusing thing about bittorrent is that "leech" is used as both a
technical term, meaning a peer that is not currently seeding (even if it
has uploaded more than it has downloaded), and as a pejorative social
term (mostly by those who seem to feel that the bittorrent protocol's
built-in tit-for-tat is insufficient to make the protocol work). I'm
fairly sure that rtorrent is using it in the former sense.

--
see shy jo