Re: Timestamps jump by one hour when switching timezone

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 13:10:23 +0100, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> Last sunday, in my time zone (Rome), clocks were got back by one hour.

Also here (Spain).

> I noticed that my Debian Lenny had done so automatically, but files
> timestamps were also took back by one hour, which is not what we want.

How is that? Do you have a proof of the timestamp change? :-?

> Would it be possible to avoid that in future, and how?
>
> In internet I only found the following discussion:
>
>  http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13377
>
> , which is not of help to me because I don't have the file
> /etc/proftpd.conf.

That has to be completely unrelated as ftp servers can be configured/
tweaked to follow the timezone of your wish, but a random filesystem
timestamp change is a very serious issue.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón