Squeeze d-i: watch out for nouveau

Hi,

I just got bitten by nouveau again:

I did a Squeeze d-i with the weekly netinstall of 10/31. Worked fine but the boot of the resultant partition hung after 'waiting for /dev to be fully populated'.

Then tried the Squeeze beta1 netinstall, worked fine, but boot had same result.

Then I tried a Lenny d-i and that worked fine and the boot also. Then I dist-upgraded Lenny to Sid and promptly ran into the hang again, so I figured it was 2.6.32-5-686 playing around with nouveau because I have 2 Nvidia graphics cards:

Model: "nVidia GeForce 6200 (0x0221)"
Vendor: pci 0x10de "nVidia Corporation"
Device: pci 0x0221 "GeForce 6200 (0x0221)"

Upon booting with 'nouveau.modeset=0' the hang goes away.

Cf. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=602003

Hugo