Re: Attaching vs. pastebin for big outputs

Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr> writes:

> Personally, I would urge every submitter to edit their logs/files and
> expurge anything irrelevant. Ideally, they should do enough
> troubleshooting as to be finally able to only leave one line, the one
> which the bug/problem is located in. Thus, the dilemma of whether to
> attach it, or quote it inline, or paste it on pastebin, would become
> largely irrelevant.

That's a nice idea, except that if I can identify the one line in a log
file that identifies a problem, I can usually get the answer myself from
Google. I only need to post a question to the list if I can't narrow
down the problem to the point that Google will solve it.