Re: Trying to use a Nokia N95 as a modem over USB

Dne, 01. 11. 2010 14:33:17 je Andrew Malcolmson napisal(a):

I got it working.  I had been using a KDE with Debian Sid called
Aptosid.  I did a fresh install of Squeeze and the USB tethering
worked straightaway.  I noticed that it works more smoothly if the USB
cable is connected before boot.

A N95 in "GSM modem mode" (i.e. tethered) will also work via Bluetooth, so you can do away with USB cables. And, with some third-party software installed, it should also work as a portable WLAN acces point, although I haven't personally tried that.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.