Re: Trying to use a Nokia N95 as a modem over USB

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 1:15 AM, Andrew McGlashan
<andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I prefer to use a travel router solution myself -- such as the Netcomm T1
> ... it allows standard connectivity via WLAN whilst offering firewall
> features.
>
> http://www.netcomm.com.au/netcomm-products/3g-mobile-broadband/3gt1wn

Thanks Andrew, good to know about.  I like the Ethernet port feature.

I got it working.  I had been using a KDE with Debian Sid called
Aptosid.  I did a fresh install of Squeeze and the USB tethering
worked straightaway.  I noticed that it works more smoothly if the USB
cable is connected before boot.