Re: Attaching vs. pastebin for big outputs [was: Re: Installation Size Different - bug ?]

On 11/01/2010 07:58 AM, Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Lu, 01 nov 10, 12:33:17, Camaleón wrote:

It could be a Pan/Gmane issue: I see text attachments and images as part
of the e-mail message (embedded) not as separate code. In fact, Pan does
not even allow sending attachments :-(

Ah, I understand now. Does nntp even support attachments?

Sure. uuencode, base64 and YEnc. Though I'm not sure whether it's the actual protocol which supports it, or "shared agreement" by newsreader client.

After all, those alt.binaries.* groups wouldn't exist without attachments! It's just that Pan doesn't support *sending* attachments.

--
Seek truth from facts.