Re: Attaching vs. pastebin for big outputs [was: Re: Installation Size Different - bug ?]

On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 12:30:01 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> On Du, 31 oct 10, 12:15:22, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>> Okay... next time instead of attaching the file to a message, better
>> uplaod the output to "www.pastebin.com" or similar service :-)
>
> Personally, I prefer to have the output attached, because it is very
> easy for me to grep and quote as needed. And having it attached means
> that people with bandwidth constraints can choose not to download the
> attachment.

It is specified in Debian mailing list "code of conduct":

***
Avoid sending large attachments.
***

> I wonder, what do others think?

I personally prefer long logs and snapshot images are linked unless
otherwise specified (i.e., if the user does not have Internet access,
embedded those inside the e-mail is right).

External logs provide a better reading and understanding as MUA tends to
auto "wrap" lines and it becomes difficult to read them.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón