Re: [OT] KMail - forwarding issues

On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 02:42:37 -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

> In <pan.2010.10.31.21.36.24@gmail.com>, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>>If you are concerned about that "usability problem" then ask the users
>>what would they prefer and what would be more confortable for them. Do
>>not make the error of just think for them.
>
> Studies and experience have shown time and time again that users *don't
> know* what they want.  Henry Ford once said: "If I asked my customers
> what they wanted, they would have said 'A faster horse.'"  It is an
> unfortunate truth, but usability problems are not solved by soliciting
> user input.

Sorry but I have to disagree.

First, because I know what I want :-)

And second, because automotive market is not the best sample to compare
with computer industry... if computers had followed the same path, we
were still would be using "punch cards".

>>You are not losing audience by using html e-mails.
>
> Yes you are.  There is a non-zero number of people on *this* mailing
> list that simply discard mails containing an HTML part.

Again, that is a _personal_ decision, not a technical one. I have nothing
against personal views... just they're personal.

Any e-mail client out there can handle html formatting, so if someone
rejects e-mails formatted in that way is not because their MUA cannot
manage them.

And I'm not talking here about personal decisions, every one has their
own needs and feelings on this matter. This is about the lack of options
we currently have for Kmail when it comes to html e-mails.

You don't want html in your e-mails? Perfect, don't use it. But if you do
not provide such option for people who need it, you'll lose your users.
It's that simple.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón