Re: Installation Size Different - bug ?

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 14:50:24 +0800, Mich Mich wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Camaleón wrote:
(...)
>> "diff.txt" will show you all the packages installed in desktop not
>> present in laptop.
>>

> Attached is the result of           # diff desktop.txt laptop.txt >
> diff.txt

Okay... next time instead of attaching the file to a message, better
uplaod the output to "www.pastebin.com" or similar service :-)

> note that the desktop is linked to a printer, therefore I've installed
> packages like  xsane and hplip etc
> whereas the laptop will have bluetooth related packages and so on.
>
> hope the info is useful.
> feel free to ask for info if required, will try my best to provide.

Mmm... yes, I see there some packages installed in desktop that are not
present in laptop (and this is the normal behaviour because -as you point
out- different hardware triggers the installation of different
packages... and each package also triggers the installation of another
packages -as dependencies or recommendations- and so on).

So most probably "exim4" comes as a requirement to fulfill for a package
installed in desktop but not present in laptop.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón