Re: Where is /boot/grub/menu.lst ?

On 09/21/2010 08:15 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
Hi,

   I have just finished installing debian (testing installer). During
installation d-i properly reported finding Vista. However after
reboot, there was no option in grub for it.
   I then followed instructions from:
http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/amd64/ch05s01.html.en#boot-initrd
   But I cannot find the file  /boot/grub/menu.lst

Is there another more up to date documentation ?

Thanks !
I have mentioned before, but I don't remember on which list, that the PCLINUXOS live CD in the live section (as well as the installed section) has an mbr repair function listed in one of the menus. This may solve your problem. I ran into a grub problem with Debian myself, where their grub (in Squeeze) recognised Debian and XP, but not PcLOs. The live CD fixed it, and gave me back the nice clean GUI grub that I had previously had. Ubuntu wasn't much better in this respect, BTW. It was back to the live CD again after the Ubuntu grub gave about 1 second to choose what you wanted to boot, and in small print, yet!

--doug

--
Blessed  are the peacekeepers...for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A.M. Greeley