Re: iomega 2TB external USB drive

Just to update things--- Fired up second computer which is my test machine. Installed Ubuntu 10.04 and IOMEGA drive seen as a laptop icon immediately after turning it on. Was able to load/unload/move files with no problems. I then deleted partition, re formatted using fat. Unmounted drive and installed Fedora--- same results -- icon appears on desktop as soon as its powered up. Move/load/unload with no problems.

Then moved to Debian Lenny --- had to mount the drive but icon did not appear on the desktop. Unmounted drive and ran the Ubuntu live disk and Iomega drive is seen on desktop shortly after powering up so I know it is not a faulty USB port and file transfer worked great.

Still trying to find out what is available to enable the drive in Debian.

John