Re: Backing up email to a CD

On Mon, 06 Sep 2010, James Stuckey wrote:
The only access I have to this email account as of now is via

http://webmail.dreamhost.com/src/login.php

or at least that's what dreamhost tech-support told me. I have a
half-dozen or so accounts hosted with them, and I'd like to somehow
take all that mail from those accounts and dump it to a CD so that if
I want to in the future, I could read through it/etc.

If you don't have IMAP access (or even POP3, it could work for retrieving emails), then see if the web interface has some kind of "export" feature.

If not, then you're out of luck. You'd need to contact the support staff of that email provider and see if they can do anything, or resort to hacks (such as forwarding emails somewhere else).

--
A triangle which has an angle of 135 degrees is called an obscene triangle.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br