Re: Upgrade of squeeze hangs on apt (0.7.26~exp3)

In <[🔎] 87tym48l1e.fsf@teufel.historicalMaterialism.info>, brownh wrote:
>With a brand new installation of squeeze, one of my first steps was to
>do a package update and a safe-upgrade. The former went well, but when
>I tried to upgrade the 22 updated packages, the upgrade proceedure
>terminated with:
>
>  Reading changelogs ... done
>
>  apt (0.7.26~exp3) experimental; urgency=low
>    * apt-ftparchive now reads the standard configuration files in
>      /etc/apt/apt.conf and /etc/apt/apt.conf.d
>
>and after some more lines ends with
>
>  /tmp/tmpXXXX (END)

Sounds like your have apt-listchanges installed, and it is showing you the new
Changelog entries.  These are longer than one screen, so it has written them
to a temporary file and is displaying them via less.

"q" should quit less.

Most likely apt-listchanges uses $PAGER, so if you are setting this variable
to a command other than less, check the documentation for that command.