Re: Cannot print from Adobe Acrobat

On Sat, 2010-09-04 at 20:57 +0100, AG wrote:
> Hello list
>
> I seem to have lost the ability to print from Adobe Acrobat using Debian
> Testing.  OOo prints just fine as do other applications, but for some
> reason Adobe doesn't want to play nicely with CUPS.  Can anyone offer me
> a way of debugging this and resolving the situation please?
>
> The Adobe in question is 9.3.1.  Thanks for any assistance.
>
> AG

We had the exact same problem.  Acrobat Reader would not even see the
CUPS printers until 9.3.1 but it could not use them properly.  That
didn't happen until 9.3.2.  An upgrade should do the trick for you.  I
believe the debian-multimedia testing repository is up to 9.3.4.

The other major problem we are having with Acrobat Reader is that it
insists on saving all files with permissions of 0600.  If you have
shared file areas where the GID bit is set so group members can share
files (we do and set the umask to 007), Acrobat Reader steps all over
this and only the creator can use the file unless the permissions are
manually changed :-(