Re: re :debian

On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 18:39:13 -0400 (EDT), MÃGÍ© Øne

> how do i get rid of it ...i have inherited a machine with debian on
> it and it is password protected....is there a master password to
> bypass the program so i can uninstall it ??

I'm not sure what you mean by "password protected".  Debian, like
all distributions of GNU/Linux, requires you to login first with
a userid and a password.  You can't just boot it up and start
using it.  But what you're saying sounds like the machine may have
a password set in the BIOS.  This has nothing to do with Debian,
per se.  If this is the case, consult your hardware documentation
for how to remove a BIOS password that you do not know.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :