Re: Initramfs help

On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 16:58:40 -0400 (EDT), Joseph Lockhart wrote:

> Computer suddenly dropped into initramfm after power loss, help
> getting back into file system would be helpful, and appreciated,
> stuck doing email from my phone
>
> thanks in advance, hopefully the basic steps will b all i need

I would suggest using the Debian installer in rescue mode,
escaping to a shell in the installer environment, and doing
an fsck on all your hard disk partitions.  Then I would boot
the installer again in rescue mode, escape to a shell using
the regular root file system mounted as root (chrooted shell)
and rerun your boot loader installer, if applicable.  (Such
as lilo.)  If your boot loader installer is grub, you don't
need to do this second step.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :