Re: Squeeze System "Bricked" after Software Upgrades 09/04

On 09/04/2010 11:05 AM, Alex Kuklin wrote:
1) show
a)`uname -a` output
b) `lspci` output

there are chances that the problem resides in new xorg drivers/code.
Next steps depend on you particular video card model.

Hi, Alex.

The information you had me get via the 'uname -a' and 'lspci' commands provided the key. Sven saw it and pointed out the fact that the new kernel blacklists my video subsystem with kernel mode setting. Sven then reminded me that I could use the vesa video driver by using a simple /etc/X11/xorg.conf file. I've got the little computer up and running now, albeit a little more slowly that it used to run.

Many thanks for starting me down the right path.

Regards,
Gilbert