RE: Arrow keys won't scroll history in squeeze konsole/bash

----Original Message----
From: James Zuelow [mailto:James_Zuelow@ci.juneau.ak.us]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 4:31 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: Arrow keys won't scroll history in squeeze konsole/bash

----8<---snip---8<----

----8<---snip---8<----

> How I can reproduce:
>
> 1) Log in to KDE.  The up arrow works fine.
> 2) Log out of KDE.  Log back in again.  The up-arrow does not work.
> 3) Log out of KDE, and restart the X server.  Log back in, the up
> arrow works.
>
> Repeat.
>
> So I work around it by restarting the X server before I log in -- the
> up arrow will work for the FIRST login session.  After that it will
> be ignored until I restart the X server again.

OK, apparently I'm the only person seeing this on the mailing list.  Unlike the author of the linuxquestions report above, changing my keyboard map does NOT help me.  I still get the same problem regardless.

Now a question for the list:

Which package should I file a bug against?  Between Xorg and KDE I'm not sure where to start -- although I'm pretty sure it's a KDE thing and not X.  Plasma desktop?  Or is there some subcomponent of KDE that handles the keyboard specifically?

James Z