Re: sid: Console problems after starting X

On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 12:58:21AM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Here's what happening.
>
> After boot: normal console font (about 80 characters wide)
>
> After startx: small console font (maybe 132 characters?)
>
> A little later: no display in console at all (Alt-F7
> still gets me back to X)
>
> This problem appeared soon after converting to
> dependency-based boot process using insserv.
>
> I've been using a self-compiled amd64 kernel with 32-bit userland.
> No such problems before insserv.
>
> Thanks for any possible leads. I have no idea where to
> even start.

Okay, here is one start. A boot message:

	udevd-work[905] kernel provided name 'uinput' and
	NAME='input/uinput' disagree. Please use SYMLINK+=
	or change kernel to provide proper name.

This looks like a warning, not a failure.

Another piece of the puzzle... I just did a dist-upgrade.

(And another brokenness, suspend works once, second time is
black screen (no backlight.) I should have known better not
to dist-upgrade a well functioning system.)

Regards,